IEEE RASSE 2022 will be held as a hybrid conference allowing authors the choice to participate virtually or in person in Tainan. The conference will take place on 7-10 November 2022, while the virtual presentations will be conducted in Webex and in-person presentations and exhibitions will take place at the National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan. This new format is an exciting adventure for Systems Council and its members as we strive to provide a forum where research content can be shared, and conference participants can be engaged and network.
All authors opting to present virtually are required to upload a pre-recorded video of their paper presentation. We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with a webcam if desired, followed by voice-over slides for your presentation. This is a requirement for your paper to appear in IEEE Xplore. Please note that the file must be a video file in MP4 format (more details below). Please do not try to upload Powerpoint or PDF files.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via a webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good-quality recording and your final file is in MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
- For Authors located in China who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, which allows also to capture simultaneously yourself while speaking and your slides:
You can also use the two-step method covered below:
Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from the content displayed on your computer screen and voice recording via the computer microphone is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries:
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, there is considerable urgency in preparing and uploading your video. Accordingly, we ask that you please finalize your video by Wednesday, November 2, 2022.
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING YOUR VIDEO
Duration: 15 minutes
File size: 750MB max
Video file format: mp4
Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to RASSE 2022. A PowerPoint Template and WebEx Background has been provided to you here. Please note, this is not mandatory but it is preferred by the conference organizers.
TIPS FOR RECORDING:
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
UPLOADING YOUR VIDEO (Deadline: Wednesday, November 2, 2022)
Please use this upload link to submit your video: https://www.dropbox.com/request/X6qeCp3DU7K7WYxVx4v8
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation, please contact Kerstin Bonicard ([email protected]).
As a reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows in accordance with the Systems Council non-presented paper policy.
Click Here for the IEEE RASSE 2022 WebEx Link to join the day of your presentation.
We look forward to hosting you!